HEFY Provides Summer Programs for Teens
Much like EFY, Humanitarian Experience for Youth offers an amazing summer experience for LDS teens focused on their spiritual growth and development.
However, Humanitarian Experience programs go far beyond EFY by operating as humanitarian service expeditions to poverty stricken areas of the world. Think of Humanitarian Experience as an advanced EFY program with international travel and service opportunities. If you liked EFY you'll love Humanitarian Experience. If you're between the age of 16-19 and you're ready for a whole new experience you're ready for HEFY.
HEFY expeditions help discover new cultures and build friendships all over the world
Is a Humanitarian Experience Trip for You?
- Going on a unique LDS-oriented service expedition to an exotic third-world country.
- Building lifelong friendships with a group of about 17 LDS teens like you from throughout the United States and Canada.
- Spending almost three weeks serving those in real need and making a lasting difference in their lives.
- Immersing yourself in a new culture like no tourist can do by working with the locals.
- Associating with and befriending local teens with very different lifestyles from your own, but with the same religious beliefs.
Who is HEFY?
Humanitarian Experience for Youth (HEFY) is a nonprofit humanitarian organization for youth ages 16-19. It was established in 1999 by a group of socially-conscious parents, leaders and volunteers to provide LDS teens with humanitarian service opportunities. Today, HEFY has grown into a vibrant volunteer organization led by a nation-wide advisory council that organizes humanitarian programs for hundreds of volunteers in countries around the globe. It is the largest organization of its kind and has received world-wide recognition for blessing the lives of the less fortunate. See the Advisory Council page for a list of references.>> Read More